One of the most important decisions you need to make before you retire is when to claim Social Security benefits. When you claim benefits can significantly affect your overall retirement income. Claiming Social Security before reaching full retirement age may significantly and permanently reduce the benefits that you — and possibly your spouse — could receive over a lifetime.
Whether you’re single, married, divorced, or widowed, there may be ways to maximize the lifetime Social Security benefits you receive.
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer.
Join us for an informational online webinar presented by a Certified Financial Planner practitioner and Certified Private Wealth Advisor Rashida Lilani covering Social Security on Thursday, October 22 from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM.
We will discuss:
• When should you start receiving retirement benefits?
• How working affects benefits
• Taxation of benefits
• How married couples can maximize household and survivor income
• The effect of remarriage on survivor benefits for widowed and divorced spouses
• How different filing strategies work for you
Date and Time
Thu, Oct 22, 2020
10:00a - 11:00a PST